Tuesday, October 17, 2017

The Importance of Brand Positioning


(image source: http://garlicmediagroup.com/why-is-branding-important/)

Friends, I like to start my article either with story or fact. And many times I said where there is a truth there is a RAHUL. So, let’s start with one brutal fact that many of us were not born with the golden spoon. And I was also one of them. Once upon a time my father was a farmer and then gradually he turns into banker. In my childhood, sometimes my mom told that how they spent their life in their childhood as well as their beginning in SURAT city. My dad had seen different shades of the life. Gradually my father became financially stronger. And he had made up his mind that whatever he didn’t achieve in his life, he will provide to his children.

We all are very well aware that after 1990, many of us have seen the growth in Indian Economy. During that time disposable income were increased. And we used that income to buy some branded things. I know that I was using branded things during education whether it was pencil or a pen. I am also confident that my father had never used any branded things. But if we consider the current scenario then in this modern era we want all branded things. If I start from our morning routine activities then we want branded toothpaste, cloths, shoes, we people always prefer branded restaurant, saloon for, beauty parlors. I am always surprised that we want branded artificial nimbu pani whereas original Nimbu pani we prefer to wash our hand instead of drinking. We can say that anyone who was born after 2000, is called Brand Generation. Because I still remembered that when I was kid, I used to go Bhagal (One area in Surat where there are many retailers) to purchase my T-shirts. If I am talking about my daughter then she will prefer mall more willingly than that types of area because from her childhood she will see mall with branded stores. As she will grow, she selects branded goods.

Many of us are not aware that big branded stores like, Star Bazzar, Reliance, More etc, are not for us. They are targeting the generation who born after 2000. I still remembered that one of my client who was in Vegetable business. He was supplying vegetables to these brands with 10Rs kg where they were sold at 8 Rs. Kg. So when I researched why they were selling in loss. Then I came to know that actually they are targeting kids (who were born after 2000) because from their childhood they used to visit big malls and branded stores.  Hence whosoever is not concentrating on branding, they will not survive in near future. Sometimes I was surprised when company is known by his/her entrepreneur instead of brand. We have to make sure that brand image should be developed. If we are retailer then make a brand of your store like “Mcdonalad”, “Maa & Baby”, If you are the manufacturer then make a brand of your product like “APPLE”. 

As this generation will grow, they will prefer branded products. It means “sell of branded product will increase” and “unbranded product will decrease”. Many of entrepreneurs believed that if there business is not growing it which is called as “recession”. Actually it is not recession because somebody is selling and they are not. Customer is buying from others. Till yesterday they were gaining good customer attention. As competition increased they felt difficult to survive. If we want to check whether this is recession period then check your monthly expenses which you will notice to be increasing. Now people do not prefer traditional goods and traditional selling style. We have to change with the time. We have to work on increasing customer base service and how to create brand image. We have to work on it.

Remember one thing doing a business without knowledge is a superseded idea. Each Industry is getting organized. If you are not working on to build a brand, you are already out dated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment